At the North Americans in Vancouver, the assembled sailors held an impromptu meeting at the dock after sailing and voted to move the location for the 2004 Sir Thomas Lipton Cup to West Sound, Orcas Island, in the San Juan Islands north of Seattle. The venue was Camp 4 Winds Westward Ho! The camp became the headquarters for the Puget Sound Six Meter Association for the weekend of September 10 - 12, 2004.
While visiting Seattle in 1911 Sir Thomas Lipton was so impressed with the physical beauty of the area, the hospitality of his hosts what he saw as perfect sailing waters, that he promised to commemorate his visit by donating a perpetual challenge cup to the Seattle Yacht Club. Upon his return to London, Sir Thomas commissioned the cup, which arrived in 1913 and was first contested in 1914 by the "R" boats "Sir Tom" of Seattle and "Turenga" of Vancouver, Canada. With the demise of the "R" class, the Lipton Cup became the main trophy for the International 6 Metre Class in the Northwest. The Cup itself is made of solid sterling silver, weighs about 5 or 6 pounds and stands approximately 4 feet (1.3 metres), including her base. Winners of the Cup, including boat name, skipper, and crew, have been inscribed on the Cup or on small placques encircling the base, for the past 85 years.
|KC 37 Frenzy||2||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||8|
|US 73 Saga||1||2||3||3||2||3||3||2||16|
|US 122 Capriccio||7||4||5||5||3||2||2||3||24|
|US 119 Sockeye||3||3||6||2||6||5||5||4||28|
|KC 12 Ca Va||4||6||2||6||4||6||7||5||33|
|US 96 Hanko III||5||7||4||4||5||8||6||7||38|
|US 87 May Be VII||6||5||7||7||7||4||4||6||40|
|KC 79 Starwagon||8||8||8||8||8||7||8||8||54|