1912-2012 JUBILEE REGATTA
STOCKHOLM CITY HALL AND RIDDARFJÄRDEN
2-8 JUNE 2012
Following the 1912 Olympic Games in Stockholm the Swedish Olympic Committee and the City of Stockholm are planning the 100th anniversary during June 2 to 8, 2012.
• City Hall is the heart of the celebrations for the 1912-2012 and the competitions on the waters of Riddarfjärden for 6-Metre class, which participated in the 1912 Olympics.
• With Olympians from different sports and 30 Sixes at the quay, the event at the City Hall will be an exciting sporting event, both on land and on water.
• Celebrities in the international Olympic sports world with IOC President Jacques Rogge at the head and all Swedish Olympians of all time are invited.
• One of the highlights is the anniversary banquet at City Hall on June 8. Award ceremony takes place with IOC President Jacques Rogge before the banquet.
• Other major events during the week are the National Day celebrations on June 6 and the sporting events at the Stadium on June 9.
• The event at City Hall will generate considerable interest among the media.
- EVENTS PROGRAM
The program of activities at City Hall is planned with the goal to:
- Create a big anniversary party with the Olympic sign.
- Provide an interesting program for invited Olympians and foreign guests.
- Create media attention.
- Offer good return for sponsors.
- SCHEDULE OF RACES
- Friday, June 1 Opening Ceremony at City Hall
- Saturday to Tuesday June 2 to 5 Stockholm Six Meter Grand Prix
- Wednesday to Thursday, June 6-7 Regatta with invited Olympians of all sports
- Friday, June 8 Celebrity regatta
- Friday, June 8 Price awards with IOC President Jacques Rogge in connection with the anniversary banquet.
If you are interested in participating, shipping subsidies from the USA & Canada will be available through Wallenius & Wilhelmsen. Contact Thomas Lundquist for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the most current information and more details on the 2012 season in Sweden visit: http://www.6mr.se/